"At their 10th year anniversary, he has become really popular, has become an amazing person, right? But as I didn’t want to watch from seat reserved for acquaintances, I said I wanted to see him close, I asked him to let me see him at close distance. Then at the 10th year anniversary concert, when Arashi’s debut song A・RA・SHI was played, I thought “Ah, this is the debut song.” Then on stage appeared five people of Arashi in that debut outfit. At that time, the person who I have wished in front of TV “So this guy does this kind of work, wish you luck with Arashi from here on” appeared in front of all these people in such outfit. At that scene, I cried while smiling. They did it like a gag but I have known him all along, I know his private, his hidden effort. I don’t know if there are better words I could say than “You have succeeded” at that time. I was overcome with the thought that he has become an amazing person."-Nakamura Shichinosuke, Jun’s bestfriend
/13 days to go before our amazinglyserious-OC concert master turn 31~
💕 15/30 edits of Jun 💕
I wonder… I think I was really driven when I was younger. I had desires to do this or try that, so if I look at it now from a third person’s perspective, I looked displeased. Furthermore, I lacked the competence to [manage my time], so when I simultaneously did dramas, variety programs and live performances I ended up being really confused. It was very painful and I felt so terribly sorry for the people around me. Recently, however, I felt that on many levels I had been liberated. Even if I took on just one live performance, I was able to express myself freely as a performer.- Matsumoto Jun
Translation from barbosa2007
"When we saw Matssun practised hard till late night while he was so busy, we decided that we would show our gratitude with all our might. Although we don’t know what lies in waiting for us, we believe in the future. We will join hand in re-building our hometown. For Matssun, thank you for standing on this stage and performing with us. This summer has become our most wonderful memories which we will never forget for the rest of our lives. We are really happy. Thank you so much. From now on, we will definitely support you”.-Ishinomaki Yoshifumi Senior High School’s wind instrument club, 24 hr TV 2012
/14 days before our hardworking cry baby turns 31st
"We easily run into each other. And he’s a DoS. Well, last time when I was having lunch with my friends, looks like Jun-kun had an acquaintance there and he suddenly slammed the door open. So it slammed open and he saw me, then he told me, “Why are you here!?” with a slight slap on my face. And then as the sake was brought he said, "You are quite my favorite kouhai." The difference between his sweet and his harsh part is huge.”-Ohkura Tadayoshi, Jimusho Kouhai
/15 days to go before our renowned DoS’ 31st~
Asked by kazzapond
OKAY SO THIS TOOK A WHILE because i tried to find gifs but that didn’t happen for all of these moments, so. anyway.
top 5 matsumiya moments
5. anything that has to do with matsumiya and mascots. especially because nino always has to remind everyone that ~their jun loves mascots a lot okay~
4. this photo. i really really love the idea of matsumiya having the slowest build-up of any love story ever, so any juniors-era pictures are precious to me. and they’re just SO HAPPY LOOK AT THEM.
3. when jun realized he had to go on an ACTUAL DATE to promote hanadan and he might have had an on-air panic attack if nino hadn’t been there to hold his hand and whisper explanations into his ear.
2. when the shukudai-kun guest was handing out terrible pressure point massages like they were candy and nino was cornered for one of his own. jun holds nino’s hand under the guise of preventing escape, but come ON. look at that tender-ass hand holding.
1. always and forever my favorite matsumiya moment: when jun was asked who in arashi he’d date and he chooses nino and walks over to smother him and he’s just so YOUNG and HONEST and it makes my heart ache every single time.
and, uh, i really only listen to a handful of arashi songs, so i don’t know if i’m quite qualified to say there’s some i can live without! i’m one of those fans who isn’t in it for the music. :(
This is from a magazine preview of this week’s Nino-san.
Nino actually received many Hollywood offers after starring in the Clint Eastwood movie “Letters from Iwo Jima”. However, he turned down all of them.
He said apologetically about his fellow members, “When I went to Hollywood to film,…